Key Questions to Ask Before You Book Your Wedding Venue
If you are planning a wedding for 2021, now is the time to start determining where you are going to host your reception. Then it’s time to turn to these questions which can help you find the perfect place for your big day:
If you are planning a wedding for 2021, now is the time to start determining where you are going to host your reception (if it’s different than your ceremony location). Since you can’t really decide on appropriate venues until you've decided how many guests you are inviting and the size of your budget, do that first. Then it’s time to turn to these questions which can help you find the perfect place for your big day:
- Are there any hidden costs for the venue? Before you sign the contract, read it carefully.
- Is there a payment schedule? What kind of deposits are required?
- What is the venue’s cancellation policy?
- Do the venue's aesthetics fit your style and wedding colors or will you have to spend a lot of money on flowers and decorations to make it the way you want it?
- Are candles or other open flames allowed?
- What are the options for catering? DO you have to use in-house catering (and do you like it)? Or can you select your own vendor?
- Do they have a liquor license?
- Will they allow you to bring your own liquor? If so, is there a corkage fee?
- Do they have an adequate coat check and bathrooms?
- Is the wedding venue wheelchair accessible? If not, are there many stairs to climb?
- Is there room in the wedding venue for a band and dancing?
- . Does the wedding venue already own a sound system with adequate speakers, or will that need to be rented?
- Where will you take photographs? Is there a park nearby, or do the coordinators have recommended spots at the facility?
- Who will be your contact and will they be there the day of your wedding? Can you meet them ahead of time?
- Is there ample parking and are there extra fees for parking? Do they have valet parking?
Once you have the venue chosen for your wedding, you’ll want to create your seating plan and share it with your contact there, as well as your family and friends. You can easily create a digital seating plan using The Guest Table’s online seating chart platform and share it using our progressive app.