Whatever the Weather! How to Take Your Outdoor Event Indoors
If you are planning to host an outdoor wedding, graduation party or other event, you should always consider the possibility that you may run into bad weather and have to make alternate arrangements like these.
When rain or other inclement weather arises on the day of your outdoor event, it can be extremely disappointing. However, if you are planning to host an outdoor wedding, graduation party or other event, you should always consider the possibility that you may run into bad weather and have to make alternate arrangements like these below:
- Plan ahead for inclement weather by having an indoor and outdoor seating plan using The Guest Table digital seating chart.
- When making your guest list, for instance think about your venue and how many people you can reasonably entertain indoors. Make arrangements with your venue to have an indoor “Plan B” for your event.
- Shopping for supplies for your outdoor party? Purchase decorations that can be used indoors and out and consider purchasing a few extra items to make your indoor space look festive.
- Make sure that your food choices are not dependent on being outdoors. If you plan to grill, choose items that could be cooked indoors, or better yet, have an indoor back up option or use a caterer who can be flexible.
- It may not be possible for a wedding, but many other events could easily have a rain date that is included on the invitations.
Even if clouds come in on the day of your special summer event, there’s no need to panic, especially if you have planned in advance. Keep your cool and make a festive atmosphere for your guests in your indoor venue instead!